Friday, October 31, 2008

Grandpa update

A lot of people have been asking about Grandpa Wes. Here is the short version. Since getting home from the skilled nursing facility, he has declined quite rapidly. On Wednesday he was admitted into hospice care. That means that instead of focusing on curative measures, we focus on caring and making him comfortable in his last days. While nobody can predict the future, the nurse does think it really is a matter of days. If you would like to stay updated, you can check out this site Right now we would really appreciate your prayers for a quick and peaceful passing. Thank you!

4 comments:

Alli said...

Thanks for the update, Carrie. Love you and praying for you!

Stef said...

A matter of days!!! Carrie.... Bill.... I am sooooo sorry! I will be praying for you guys....
How are the boys doing with all this?

mom2boyz said...

wow! I am so sorry to hear this and will keep you all in our prayers...It never ceases to astound me how quickly life can change...

Lyonslove said...

I will never forget reading on the blog about Grandpa going to Disneyland with the boys and what a special day that was. I will keep him in my prayers as well as your family.