It's funny how a very normal day can feel so out of the ordinary. The day started out so great with delightfully cool weather! I know it will heat up again, but today was such a sweet respite from the sweat. Bill had the morning off, so he surprised me and took the van to be washed. So sweet! Only I was running late to get Wes to school and when I went to get the van, it wasn't there, so Wes and I ran (quite literally) to school.
Then Bill and I went to visit Grandpa and got there in time to catch his physical therapy. I have to say that I am very encouraged by his progress! He was able to sit up from lying down, stand on his own and walk around the room twice. He also came out and practiced transferring into the car. I feel much better about him coming home in this state compared to how he was at the beginning of the week. And, may I say, there are some very handy gadgets out there to help him do things independently! Some of them would have been very handy when I was pregnant! A plastic half-pipe thingy that has jump rope looking handles to help you put on your socks without having to bend over! And an extra long shoe horn to put shoes on without bending. If they could have invented a razor on an extended handle, that would have made my pregnant self so much more comfortable. Geriatric or obstetric, these tools are irrelevant to my personal life at this moment. But I digress.
We came home, I went to pick Wes up from school and Bill finished packing and getting ready for his overnight CTA conference. We met at Costco for lunch, then Bill headed to Palm Springs and I went in and got some shopping done.
It was just as the title says: out of the ordinary in a very ordinary way. While the tasks themselves were mundane, I just felt free and we were able to take our time and enjoy each other's company. I do like having Grandpa here and I am hoping he's able to come home again. But there is a certain freedom in my schedule. So now I am sitting here drinking hot chocolate and watching "The Holiday". Lovely day.
Some Things I’ve Loved Wearing
7 months ago
1 comment:
I LOVE "THE HOLIDAY!" I discovered this wonderful movie about one year ago. It's fabulous. You must be a sucker for romactic comedies like me.
On a more important note, I am so happy to hear of Grandpa's progress!
Post a Comment