Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Homeward bound!

We got a call yesterday afternoon that Grandpa is coming home on Friday! I am excited that he is well enough to come home, but I have to admit I have some mixed feelings. I am anxious to see what it will be like. I am fairly certain he will require more care, so I am a little nervous about that. I have enjoyed the short break. On the other hand, I am thankful because this stay in the skilled nursing facility has opened up new opportunities to receive help from professionals. If you think of it, say a little prayer. Thanks.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I will be praying for you Carrie. Being a care giver is such a time consuming role. It can be physically and emotionaly draining. We just watched Matt's Mom go through it for the last 6 years untill Dad passed in April. She did such a wonderful job, but I don't think any of us really understood how hard it was. I admire you!! I will be praying the Lord will grant you strength for each day. Great patience for each moment and wisdom to deal with the difficult times.

gentrav said...

Carrie, I have been reading your blog and updating my Grandmother on his progress (although I think Lynn calls her too). I guess they got to talk to each other in the last few weeks and that meant so much to her. I am glad to hear it is time to go home! I pray God will take care of you as you take care of so many!