I have been trying to focus on the many blessings in my life lately, but today God made it EASY to do that. He has blessed me with AMAZING friends! Today I was invited to visit a different MOPS group, so my friend Mindi - amazing friend 1 - offered to come watch Wyatt and Grandpa and pick Wes up from school. She asked if I cared if Jen - amazing friend 2 - came along to help her if she needed it. I went on my merry way and despite a horrible accident & traffic on the 210, arrived on time and had a fabulous time. I came home refreshed and ready to take on the responsibilities of my life once again. I had no idea how generous and hardworking my babysitters had been! In my absence, they did my laundry (washed, dried, folded!), organized my pantry, hall cupboard, garage cupboard, cleaned the boys room, took care of Grandpa, changed and washed his sheets, and fixed a home made lunch! It took a small army to accomplish, so here's the shout out to just a few of my fantastic friends.
Mindi - the brains/recruiter of the operation
Jen - the organizer extraordinnaire
Karin - had a play date with Mindi's kids so she could work unfettered
Jane - had Chase over so Jen could work unfettered
Lindsay - the kitchen organizer
Lindsay's mom - hung out with Isabella so Lindsay could work unfettered
Gina - the baker of scrumptious chocolate chip cookies since she couldn't be here in person!
I came home to a clean and organized house, children (& Gramps) with full bellies, and an overwhelming sense of gratitude that literally brought me to tears. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I wish there were more eloquent words to express it. You are all the best and you have no idea how much it means to me! Oh, and also, thank you!
Some Things I’ve Loved Wearing
7 months ago
4 comments:
You are Welcome kiddo! You are a very deserving friend! Love ya pal!
That is so awesome! Wise friends (and they are wise, since they saw your need without you even asking!) are such a gift from God!
You're very welcome! I felt bad I couldn't be there since we were going out of town and wanted to help somehow. Sounds like the ladies all did an awesome job!!!! We LOVE YOU!
Isn't it wonderful how the LORD know just what we need, and that he uses people to bless us. Well done ladies in being tools for him. I pray you will all be blessed just as much as Carrie was. And Carrie, I can understand the "lack of words" to express thanks. It is undescribalbe to be able to come home to order after living in chaos. AND to have had a break away and be spiritually refreshed. You will be so much more able to bless those in your care now.
Have a wonderful week
Post a Comment