Upstairs there are 3 large bedrooms. Each bedroom has an attached room that was probably once a dressing room, but is large enough to serve as a room of its own. They function as office, large master closet and laundry. There is a quaint 4th bedroom upstairs that was the maid's quarters. It has a separate staircase that leads into the dining room right next to the kitchen. Downstairs there is an octagonal room with a fireplace, which is the entrance they use now. A huge dining room, a room that probably served as an office/study, a beautiful entry leading to the staircase as well as a large living room. There is a small kitchen with its own entry and a bathroom. Each of the rooms downstairs has the old Victorian hidden sliding doors to close off sections of the house for living or opening them all for entertaining. In addition, there is a full attic with separate rooms in it as well as a cellar! The boys LOVED exploring!
This is what I already wrote in the synopsis of our trip.
*Morris, IL feels like coming home somehow. It is a charming small town with a lot of rich history. We stayed with our friends in their late 1800s Victorian. I felt like if I listened hard enough, I could hear the footsteps of former residents. Such beautiful, rich history. It rained on the 4th of July, so we played indoors doing puzzles and drinking coffee. The evening took us to a fun party with their friends who welcomed us as though we were part of their group. Great people, fireworks, and more good food.
2 comments:
the house is gorgeous! and judging from your description, the inside of the house sounds equally as charming. i don't think the house looks small at all. man! they don't make 'em like this anymore.
I love this house. And I love that you appreciate all of its charms--and shared them with us!
Post a Comment