Thursday, February 01, 2007


Yesterday morning was quite an eventful morning. My aunt and uncle stayed at our house for a few days with their 4 kids while they did the Disneyland thing. The morning began much as you would expect a morning with 4 adults and 6 kids to begin. Breakfast to be had, clothes to be donned, tantrums to be thrown, and schedules to be somewhat maintained. As everyone went their separate directions, the house began to empty and soon went from a bustling houseful of 10 to a house of 3. I told Wes that he needed to get his clothes off and get ready for his bath and school. I proceeded to take Wyatt upstairs and undress him. I knew I would need to change his stinky diaper before the bath so I left Wes to his task of undressing and getting to the tub. This process took much longer than it should have, cutting bath time short. I instructed Wes to get out of the tub after a quick wash. This is where the meltdown began. I never knew that a four-year-old could be so slippery or so loud. As I am battling with my eel-like son, Wyatt is happily crawling around naked. To protect my own reputation as a mother as well as the gory details of "handling" a meltdown/tantrum, I will just say this situation ended with Wes sitting in time-out in his underwear, while I stormed about with steam erupting from my ears looking for a naked baby. I found him trying to crawl back into the tub, scooped him up, and noted the strong stench that remained in the bathroom from the afore-mentioned diaper...or so I thought. As I scooped him up and turned around to carry him into his bedroom, I stepped on something warm and mushy. I think you see where this is going. My frustration took a turn for the worse as I realized that Wyatt had taken advantage of his naked time to finish the job he had started before his bath. Yeah...eeeeeeeeww! Back into the tub for the completely amused Wyatt, an extended time-out for the now shivering Wes, and me squelching the natural gag/puke response to stepping in poop. After all, that would only mean more nastiness for me to clean up. Soon the floor was clean, the boys were dressed and watching TV, while I took a SCORCHING hot shower to burn away the memory and remnants. Don't worry, that wasn't the high point of my day. It did, in fact, go uphill from there. I just wanted to share with you another joy in the journey of motherhood.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

SO FUNNY! I always liked when I would go to take a peek in the back of the diaper to confirm that it needed to be changed, only to stick my finger in zee poo! Gross!

Wis said...

That stinks! Just when you think things might wind down to some sense of daytime normalcy, yikes. It was good to see and talk with you guys. Maybe we'll see you on Sat.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie I found your blog on the RVA class of 95 update. YOu have a lovely family. Sounds like they keep you running:) Don't you just love being a mom of boys.!! One can never complain about being board that is for sure :)

Check out our blog if you want a bit of an update on our family. I post once and a while when i have time..
It was great to " catch up" with so many people.

Carrie said...

Hey, sve. I enjoyed getting the rift 95 update as well. Your blog doesn't say your name, though, so I'm not sure who this is.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sorry about that. This is Sarah Van Essen ( Brooks). Sorry to leave you wondering :)

Anonymous said...

My blog is
thevanessenworld2.blogspot.com

Stef said...

I can always use a good poop story :) that was great! Sorry it happened to you!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
I hope Ellen was exciting :)