Thursday, January 25, 2007

Wes makes me laugh


Wes says something nearly every day that makes me laugh. I've been told I should write them down so I can remember them when he gets older, so here they are. Recently Wesley overheard me relaying Kendra White's joke telling abilities from Jessica's blog and thought he would take a stab at it himself. Let's just say there aren't any comedy clubs knocking down our door yet. It goes like this.

Wes: "Knock knock"

Bill: "Who's there?"

Wes: "Wes"

Bill: "Wes who?"

Wes: "Wesley LASSITER. HA HA HA!!




Wes and I were sitting in the lobby of Lion's Center waiting for his teacher to open the door so he could go to class. As we sat there contemplating what each child would bring for lunch, we saw a girl approaching the door. Wes says, "She is in my class!" "She is? What's her name?" I asked. "She's named Battery!" "Hmmm. Battery? Are you sure?" "Yes." I'm madly scrambling, at this point, to think what her name could be that sounds like Battery. "Could you say her name again, Wes?" "BAAATTTERRREEYYY!" He kindly slowed it way down and enunciated very clearly for the sake of his slow-witted mother. "You know, Mom, Battery like Nanny (Bill's mom) and like we put in toys!" The light is beginning to dawn. "Is her name Valerie?" "That's what I said!"

The picture has nothing to do with the story, but thought you might want to see a picture as you read these stories.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Even though they make no sense, I find kid jokes to be the best ones!