Friday, February 16, 2007

New York: The last day

The final morning we were in New York, Bill and I got up early and headed down to the Today Show. I got to shake Al Roker's hand and that was really cool, but it was cold and there wasn't much happening, so we went in search of food and shelter. We found it in a nameless deli around the corner. We ate fresh bagel breakfast sandwiches! They were so delicious! Anyway, on our way back by, Bill noticed that Drew Barrymore (he REALLY likes Drew) was sitting inside being interviewed, so we ran back through security to try and catch a glimpse. We were taking a picture when they cut to commercial and there was a camera RIGHT behind us! We made it on TV! After that, it was one more quick swoop down 5th Avenue, packing up, some last minute souvenirs and we were homeward bound. The long flights full of reading and napping were great!


The picture of me by the NBC barricade is pretty self-explanatory. The picture through the window is of Matt Lauer interviewing Drew Barrymore. The other is of Bill and I in Times Square the night we arrived. I can't wait to go back to New York!





1 comment:

Stef said...

I am so glad you guys had a good time! How fun!!!