Monday, November 08, 2010

Thankful Day 7 & 8

Sunday November 7
Keith Ham spoke at our church yesterday. He is a missionary to the urban poor living in the Mathare slum in Nairobi. Our families have known one another for 20ish years! As I listened to him give an overview of the work being done in Nairobi, I couldn't help but be overwhelmed with feelings of gratitude. I am so thankful for my unique upbringing in Kenya! That place still holds so much of my heart!

Monday November 8
Today I am thankful for my children. I am repeatedly overwhelmed with gratitude that the Lord entrusted me with these two amazing boys. I understand that I am their mother, and thus a teensy bit biased, but I think they are smart, handsome, funny, kind, and fun. In case you haven't guessed yet, they are two little lights in my life.

No comments:

Blog Archive