It was a little after 2 o'clock in the afternoon on November 11, 2005. Dr. Rodriguez plopped a squirmy, squalling baby boy on my chest and congratulated me on the birth of Wyatt Garry Lassiter. The five years since that day have taught me so much. I've learned just how low my patience level really is. I have learned that as long as the children are present, at least one area of my house will be out of control messy. I've learned that there are many, many hours in the night and that night-time hours pass more slowly than daytime hours. In light of the questions asked of me, I've learned that I have much more to learn. I have also learned that laughter is richer, pride is deeper, the personification of the word 'blessing', joy is brighter, contentment is sweeter, hugs are more meaningful, kisses are abundant, my heart is more tender, 'I love you' can never be said too often, and life is far more meaningful with this little man in my life. Happy Birthday, Wyatt! I love you more than you can ever imagine! I pray that you will live out your life following the King and blessing those around you with your open heart, infectious smiles, precious personality! I am thankful for you today and everyday!
Some Things I’ve Loved Wearing
7 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment