I am thankful for rain! This morning I woke up to the relaxing sound of water dripping outside my window. I put on my slippers and robe and sat still in the dark living room soaking up the silence. Soon Wyatt joined me wearing his little fleece robe. We snuggled for a while and talked about deep philosophical things like which good guy on Star Wars is the strongest. It only seemed right to add hot chocolate to the chilly morning. As the day wore on, we worked on some long-overdue sorting/tossing/organizing projects, which is one of my least favorite tasks ever in the whole wide world. The rain offered no excuses to venture out of doors, and also offered a soothing background song to accompany our tasks. Now it is the end of the day, the rain is still dripping out its little beat, and I have a deep sense of accomplishment and contentment. Thank the Lord for the rain!
No comments:
Post a Comment