Saturday, April 04, 2009

Cleaning our lungs (or camping)

We went camping with the Houghtons over Spring Break. We went to Lake Lopez or was it Lopez Lake? There are a lot of pictures with this post, so without further ado.

When we first got there, 2 deer were running through the campsites, but they were kind of far by the time I got the camera. Can you see those 2 tiny specks to the right of the tree? We also saw wild turkey, a skunk, pelicans, blue jays, woodpeckers, squirrels, blah blah blah.
While we set up tents the kids played in the truck, which was handy because they were contained. In this shot, they were playing superheroes, as evidenced by the goggles - duh.
Who knew a log could be a favorite play thing? It was a fire truck, a kitchen, a crib, a horse etc.

Camping is not camping without s'mores.


Cuddles by the fire help to stave off the chill.

Nighty night boys. We FROZE our first night and had to go to Wal-Mart to buy more warm things!
This shot is a little blurry, but how cute are those kids?!
These two played Mommy and Baby a lot. Here a diligent mama supervises naptime.
The kids on a walk to the lake.

The boys threw rocks and things in the lake while Kaylee collected shells and sticks to make a ladybug habitat.
We went into Arroyo Grande where the historical society had set up an old school house. This is Wyatt ringing the school bell.

And Wes sitting in the Dunce corner.
What scholarly children.

The whole goofy bunch
Our goofy bunch

2 comments:

Brazenlilly said...

Camping ROCKS! You guys look like you had so much fun! I have many comments. First, yes, the Nemo (and other fun character sleeping bags) are very cute for indoor slumber parties, but they don't cut it in the tent. Also, love the multi-talented log! And what diligent mama DOESN'T sit next to her children while they sleep during naptime? Thanks for all the fun pictures!

Dionne Sincire said...

These pictures are gorgeous. Where is Lake Lopez? I especially love the shot of Wes wearing the Dunce cap. I would like to get my family camping. We've never been before, but after following blogs and photo journals of everyone else's experiences camping, it all looks so serene and peaceful. I'm very much aware of how ignorant I am, and I'm sure there's a ton of planning involved and lots of prep, but I'm interested in planning a trip for next year. Got any tips for a first-time camping mom?... when you get a free moment that is... :0)