For those of you who haven't heard yet, Grandpa left his burdensome body behind to dance on the Streets of Gold. We had been in his room quite a bit as we knew the time was drawing closer, but we were warned by the chaplain that he may want to pass alone with nobody there. Sure enough, we all gathered in the living room for a little while to discuss the details of his celebration of life service and he slipped peacefully away. Our guess is that he passed sometime around 10PM. We are doing okay. The tears come in waves, but so does the laughter. We know that he is in a whole body, standing straight and dancing to his hearts content. Wesley was excited this morning because Grandpa's walker and wheel chair were still here, so that means he is walking in heaven! Thank you to everyone for all your kind messages of support, prayers, and kind words. We are blown away by all the love that you have surrounded us with! Thank you!

The 2 Wesleys.

We took a trip to Missouri for a family reunion 3 years ago. It was the last time Grandpa saw his sister & nieces & nephews.

Papa Wes, Wes, & Wyatt Christmas 2005. He sure loved his great-grandkids.
9 comments:
Sweet Carrie (and family),
I haven't been reading blogs lately, but just saw Angela's update on Facebook, and heard about Grandpa. I'm so sorry for your loss, and I'm rejoicing with you in his gain. I will be praying for your dear family over the coming days and weeks as your life is permanently changed ... love you guys!
xxoo
sarah t.
I am so sorry Carrie. What a blessing for him to be surrounded by those that love him so much. You are in my prayers.
I love Wes' faith! He just accepts what is, and sees the blessing in it. Awesome!
Hugs and tears go hand in hand sometimes. I send you a few of both!
It's so cool to think of Grandpa skipping along the streets of Gold with our Savior! He lived a wonderful full life. He was loved by you guys so much! He will be misssed. Love you guys!
-Min
Oh Carrie, I am so sorry for your loss. It has been inspiring to watch you care for him in such a compassionate way.
Ahhh Sweet Papa wes.... I will miss his sweet kindness... Him always introducing himself to me :) his sweet smile.... He always seemed to enjoy my kiddos running around.... He will be missed, but I am happy he is free and dancing... :)
Love you
Carrie ~ Many prayers come your way during this time. Love ya, girl!
Prayers to you guys from us. The comment Wes said was soooo precious. Thank you for sharing it.
Thinking of and Praying for your family. Sorry I hadn't read your blog in a while so just got the update today.
Praying for the Lord's comfort for you and peace knowing that he is with his saviour. I am sure you will miss him a lot after careing for him so wonderfully. Life ahead is going to have a lot of changes, with lots of wondeful memories. It is so great that your boys got to have their Great Grampa so close and such a part of their lives.
Post a Comment