I love wandering through the Dollar Tree because you never know what you're going to find for $1. My most recent find? Jars of roasted red peppers! Normally these are around $4+ per jar. I bought a couple jars to try them out. YUM! I made a pizza with one of the MOPS leftover bags of wheat dough (TJ's for $1.29), topped it with a little tomato sauce, roasted red peppers, carmelized onion, and mozzerella. My boys hate onions and peppers, but I figured there's always DinoBuddies as a safe back up to a failed dinner attempt. But, it was pretty yummy, if I may toot my own horn for a minute. It would have been even better with a little garlic chicken on it, but it was good enough that the boys ate it. Have I mentioned that my boys hate onions and peppers? Go ahead and read back to see that those were the only two ingredients on this pizza! So I'm going back to buy more. Love that store! What have you found at a $1 store that surprised you?
6 comments:
I bought a pregnancy test once. It came back negative, a little disapointed, but glad that I at least got my dollars worth.
We Burkums love the dollar store. In fact, we love it so much that we do 'dollar' Christmas. Everyone buys two dollar store gifts for each other. Saves money, boosts creativity and just gets plain silly sometimes.
havent been to a dollar store recently...but you gotta love those dino nuggets! They are a staple in our house and a great back up plan no matter what!
I buy my shower curtain liners there. I stock up and buy at least three, so I can just toss the old ones out and hang up a nice clean one. I also used to buy pregnancy tests there. Saved me millions.
I can't recall my most interesting Dollar Store find at the moment, but I am sometimes disappointed when on those rare occasions they sell really trendy furniture or accent pieces, and I cant' finagle the sales clerk to sell it to me for one Dollar..., completely unAmerican! ;)
Hee hee, love Dionne's comment ...
We've purchased many a good thing there ... on a recent trip, toothbrushes for the kids, puzzles, velcro, Tinkerbell pens & pencils, yarn and measuring spoons.
Gotta look for those roasted red peppers - mmm! And great "trick" to get the kids to eat "veggies!"
Post a Comment