Thursday, October 21, 2010

Holy Spirit

This morning, I noticed that "Spirit" was used a couple times in the verses I was reading.

3Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

I realized that I don't really know all that much about the Holy Spirit. It seems that as Christians, we base our understanding of the Holy Spirit on our individual experiences. I have a few more thoughts, but I am curious to hear your thoughts. Who is the Holy Spirit to you? I'll post follow-up thoughts after I do some more research on who the Spirit of God is and the role that Spirit plays in my life.


1 comment:

mommaavila said...

to me holy spirit is that tug at my heart when I am allowing my flesh to control me...the tug that reminds me that He loves each of us the same today tomorrow and always...its that tug on my heart that reminds me of my purpose in life...its that tug that allows me to cry when i used to bottle it up...its that tug that allows me to love more when I don't think I can...its that warmth I feel in my heart when I am scared or lonely or confused--His warmth reminding me that He is with me! Thank you Carrie for a great question--to inspire my day! Thank you God for the Holy Spirit!