Thursday, October 14, 2010

Monday was One of THOSE Days.

It was one of those mornings. You know what those are like. The mornings where everything is spinning out of control and all the coffee and discipline in the world is not going to make it stop. I won’t go into ALL the details, but here is a little list of things that induced tears.

Incident #1: 6:30 a.m. Wyatt crawled into bed with me and tearfully asked, “Is Halloween a long time away?” (cue full-blown crying) “Yesterday Matthew told me it is still a long time.”

Incident #2: 7:15 a.m. Wes cries because Wyatt got out 2 cereal bowls and Wes didn’t want to use the one Wyatt got him.

Incident #3: 8:00 a.m. Wyatt cries because Wes pretended to throw a toy at him.

Incident #4: 8:30 a.m. Wes cries because Wyatt is crying

Incident #4 continued: Wyatt cries because Wes hit a Power Ranger with a lightsaber.

Incident #5: 9:00 a.m. Boys cry because we don’t have bubbles.

Incident #6: 9:15 a.m. Tears over Mother's suggesting that room-cleaning is a great way to pass time.

Incident #7: 9:30 a.m. Boys cry over lack of children-approved (read sugar-laden) snacks.

Incident #8: 9:45 a.m. Boys want to play outside. (Sweet relief) Oh, but don’t get excited too soon. Boys want to play outside…in their underwear.

Incident #9: 9:46 a.m. Wyatt cries at mean grouchy Mother who insists upon clothing of some sort in order to venture out of the house.

Incident #10: 10:00 a.m. Boys begin whining (a highly punishable offense) about whoknowswhat?

Incident #11: 10:01 a.m. This mother nearly loses her everloving MIND! There were some words backed by a tiny bit of volume commanding the little darlings to go into a room and not to emerge until the tears, whining, complaining, bad attitudes were gone…no not even to tattle or cry or get a snack or ask a question or go potty or find something.

10:03 – a much-needed cup of coffee in relative silence.

The rest of the day went fairly well. It included a long shopping excursion (bribery might have been involved), some baking, gift-wrapping, and ended with a great date night.

2 comments:

Brazenlilly said...

I find it ever so encouraging that other people experience these types of days. Sorry you had a rough one, but I hope you were able to partake in your own baked goods! Love ya.

Erin said...

I'm surprised by two things:
#1: That you were able to describe such a day with amazing accuracy... Bravo, Mom! I would've lost my marbles (in fact, I have on days like that.)
#2: That you don't let your boys venture out of the house without clothes on. I like to think of it as "European," not so much "white trash," but to each her own, I guess. :)