I spent the weekend in Big Bear on a lovely women's retreat. It was Friday night and I was walking back to my cabin when I happened to look up. Oh the STARS! There were so many and they were so bright and as they winked down on my smiling face, they magically transported me right back to Kenya.


There is something lovely and special about the sky in Kenya. It's bigger somehow. It holds a bazillion stars at night, and it seems you can see all of them. The sky spreads across a broader horizon somehow. The sky is mysteriously more intense and more laid back all at once.
As I gazed up at those glistening stars, my memory reached in and squeezed my heart sending a lump right into my throat and stinging the back of my eyes.
3 comments:
I love to read your writings. This one brought a lump to the back of my throat and has me blinking. I love you. Mom
Love this. :)
I know how you feel, friend! The African sky seems endless and I've yet to see clouds that measure up to Hers. It's good to have these precious memories. Thanks for sharing and for reminding me that it's OK to get misty when I recall Africa. Hugs!
Post a Comment