Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I'm back!

I know, I know. Many of you didn't even know I was gone. Well, I was but now I'm back. There is a group of us from college that get together each year for an annual Girlfriend weekend. This year, we were a little late in getting the planning done, so we had to get creative with our accommodations. Since we all went to college together and we were all planning on meeting down here, we decided to stay in our old dorms at Hope International University (Pacific Christian College when we attended). We had a ton of fun staying up late, watching movies on a laptop, reminiscing, finding interesting things to do, and generally all things girly. Okay, that's not entirely true. Knowing that we would be spending all day Sunday being pampered and going to the spa, so we were up for some adventure. When I say "we", I mean they REALLY wanted to go, and I agreed to go so we could all be together. We started Saturday out at the Farmer's Market on the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica. Once we had our fill of fresh, organic, deliciousness we were off to the races...literally. We decided to go to Speedzone! It was really funny to see 4 grown women in the midst of all the dads having bonding day with their sons. It was so fun squeezing in all the activity and pampering and giggling and late nights. My favorite part, however, of having these girls in my life is the deep bond. It is so refreshing to have relationships that are built on a solid foundation and love. We have more fun talking and sharing our lives together than any activity could bring. I have come home refreshed with a new perspective on my life. Bill was anxious about having the kids on his own, but he was fantastic! All in all, the weekend was a smashing success! I'll post pictures if I can get some copies from Lisa and Alli!

No comments: