I learned something new today (that apparently Deanne already knew). My mom told me that in Ireland on St. Patrick's Day, the Catholics wear green and the Protestants wear orange. Interesting, no? Anyhoo, just wanted to wish you two readers a Happy St. Patty's Day. I am actually attempting corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes for dinner. So we might be eating In-N-Out Burger, but you can't say I didn't try. I am also trying to make some strawberry jam. Not because it's St. P's Day, but because I bought a flat of strawberries from a nice man in the Ralph's parking lot. I will post about that when I have time to download the pictures. Turns out it is a lot harder to use an entire flat of strawberries than I would have thought. So, as the strawberries are beginning to get multiple gushy spots, I needed to find something that would use them all up at once. I'll let you know how it goes. OK, well since I don't have pictures I better stop writing because too many words + no pictures = my few readers abandoning me. Over and out.
3 comments:
I did know that about the orange, but I don't follow it here because it seems a little obnoxious, since we don't have the war of religions going on. Funny, though.
We also had corned beef and cabbage, and all the kids ended up liking it. Bonus! Good luck to you, and I'd like to run into a man in Ralphs that is selling strawberries!
i had corned beef, cabbage and potatoes for the first time. yum!!
did not know that...very interesting!
Post a Comment