Apparently today is Blog Day 2006. This is a day set aside to highlight 5 blogs you enjoy reading and why. I had a hard time picking only 5 because I am the ultimate blog-link-hopper! Since this is MY blog and there are no blog police to enforce the rule of 5, I've decided to explain my "Friends" links instead. Here we go.
Bill
I thoroughly enjoy this blog. Ok, so Bill's my husband, but I find the writing to be highly intelligent and witty. The experiences hit close to home (duh). I love seeing and reading our experiences through his eyes.
Melissa
Melissa is a new friend from our church. We attend the same Bible study. I enjoy reading her ramblings for many reasons. She has a cool and unique perspective on things. I love hearing about her wanderings through SoCal as a non-native and temporary Californian. The main reason I check her blog is because we don't get to hang out that often, so it's a way for me to feel like we've stayed in touch.
Brent
Theologian and artist extraordinaire. I love the purposeful paintings and deep musing Brent posts. I'm an artist at heart, so I love seeing other's work and knowing that it isn't just paint splashed on a canvas. Intentional art to make people stop, take a second look, and have to think for a minute. Love it.
JJ
JJ is my cousin. I love his journal approach. I enjoy knowing what is on his heart and mind based on what is in his blog. It is always a surprise with him. Sometimes funny, sometimes thought-provoking, with strands of spirituality interwoven, and always interesting. I was also able to follow his link chain to a couple other friends.
Vandegrifts
More friends from church. Wes and Haley are around the same age, so it's always fun to know what other friends are up to.
Pologeorgis
I went to college with Lisa Pologeorgis. She was my RA when I first arrived at PCC. I developed my relationship with her through being roommates with her younger sister, Angela. These are 2 of the girls I go away with each summer for my "girlfriend weekend". Always delightful to know what is happening in the lives of the Pologeorgis 5.
Hash
This is, perhaps, the blog I am questioned about most. Hash is a nickname for a guy named Erik Hersman. He went to the same school with me in Kenya (RVA). I found him when I was visiting the RVA site and he manages the RVA alumni website. I enjoy reading his blog because he is always networking trying to find ways to bring technology to Africa in a way that is manageable, cost effective, and will advance the continent. His is another chain of links that I love roaming through.
Mangrums
Alli and I were friends in college. She is the 4th in our girl weekend quad. We always have so much fun!
Bryan and Kelly
My brother and his wife. I am really looking forward to using this blog to stay in touch and up to date with them when they go to Kenya on the mission field. We'll miss having them live close by, but the internet makes the world seem so much smaller.
Jen
I went to college with Jen and our moms went to college together before that. I've known Jen a long time and I love checking in to see how she is doing as a mom. It's also fun to see Carson grow and change. Again, guilty of roaming the link chain attached to her site.
So, there it is. I hope you all have a happy Blog Day 2006!
Some Things I’ve Loved Wearing
7 months ago
1 comment:
This was a great idea... I have occassionally visited some of your links wishing I knew the connection! Thanks.
Post a Comment