Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Oh be careful, little mouth, what you say

Wesley cracks me up on a daily basis, but I often forget to post what he says. Here are a couple of recent funnies.

Yesterday Wes was sitting on the couch looking at a pair of his Madagascar underwear. All of a sudden, he exclaimed, "What the heck?! Is that Alex the lion?" I don't know where he's heard 'what the heck' before (all fingers pointing at me).


We took our lunch outside to have a picnic and Wes wanted his shoes off. As he ate his PB&J, he watched his feet as his toes wiggled every which way. Then he turned to me and said, "Mom, I like my feet. But they are STINKY!"


Wyatt has been sick lately with an ear infection and fever. He was sitting on the floor laughing and Wes said, "Wyatt feels better cuz he doesn't have a beaver (fever) anymore!"


A few of my favorite mispronunciations lately are:
Goosegunks: goosebumps
Deezeelan: Disneyland
I'm sure there are more I can't think of right now.
Wes ends every phone conversation with, "Well, I'll sill-a-later. (see you later) Bye!

Here is a picture of Wes and my Dad at the wedding. It has nothing to do with the stories, but I don't feel like I can post something without a picture.

3 comments:

Stef said...

I love kids words!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie,
It was fun to have you post on my blog. Is your maiden name Brock? I remember you being in woodshop with Julie and I but it's been so long! If I remember correct you were several grades below me, right? Don't kill me if I'm totally off here. Tell me the truth, were we best friends and I've blown you off for 14 years?

You're kids are sooo cute. What's with all the boys we have? :) I'm having another boy in November so watch out what water you drink.
Pam

Carrie said...

*sob* I can't believe you don't remember all the deep, intimate conversations we shared! No, I'm kidding! I was several grades behind you. (95) The first time I met you guys, you came up to the Loita hills with SIL and camped near our house. Anyway...

Your boys are really cute too! I love the Tarzan story with the wires. Hilarious! That is so something that would happen around our house. Our youngest was born in November. We're not planning on having more kids, so I will definitely watch what water I drink! Especially with the way things go around here. Everyone seems to be having babies! Congrats on yours! I'll look for pictures on your blog.
~Carrie