
Time is a concept that still baffles me, even after all these years. Perhaps it's because I'm not a linear thinker. My thoughts tend to happen more along the lines of cartoon speech bubbles. They are a little random, but if you stick with it, there is a reasoning of sorts to the madness. Anyway, I digress (see what I mean?). This won't be a long post, but I wanted to make sure to exert some effort to get a few more words on here before a full month passes again.
I was thinking about time this week because I'm in a strange transitional time. These are the things that take up my time and the problems that arise. Four trips to and from school each day, a job outside the home, t-ball, PTA, church volunteer, Bible study co-leader. I'm sure there's more, but I'm not a list maker, so I'm done. Anyway, while none of these time-munchers is a full-time task, they do eat up chunks of my day. The problem lies in all the random chunks of day I have left to work with in order to maintain my home and family. There are these pieces of time that don't feel significant enough to really accomplish anything big. 45 minutes here, 20 minutes there, and before I know it the sun is down and I'm ready to fall into bed.
I have decided to change my thinking. If I view these pieces of time as valuable moments to do a quick task rather than sit idle waiting for the next activity, I think I'll feel more accomplished at the end of the day. Lent came at the perfect time to address this. I will sacrifice idle moments and poorly managed time. It's a little more abstract than giving up sugar, but that means I will have to be all the more intentional.
Ok, I have a load of laundry to change and dishes to do before I take Wyatt to school, so have a fantastic first day of Lent! What are you sacrificing?
2 comments:
Love it!!! I am giving up complaining...
Great idea. I know what you mean - I'm in the same boat. :)
I'm giving up unnecessary spending. If it's not in our Allocated Spending Plan, I don't spend money on it. I want to be a better steward of what God's blessed us with.
Post a Comment