Thursday, March 17, 2011

This & That

I don't have anything earth-shattering and brilliant to share. This is all going to be random. I just felt like posting, so I am. Speaking of earth-shattering, I always think of Marvin the Martian when I hear that phrase. Remember him? The little guy with no face on Bugs Bunny cartoons always trying to explode the earth? "Where's the kaboom? There is supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" Told ya. Random.

I recently found hymns on Pandora. Yes, I just discovered the beauty of Pandora. Technologically challenged; that's me. Also, I am not 72 years old. I just found such comfort in the tunes of all the old beautiful songs. Apparently my heart beats to the rhythm of the "Old Rugged Cross" sometimes.

Tonight we are having a dinner packed with green! I would love to let you believe that I am a wonderfully conscientious Mom serving green, healthy vegetables and that my children will devour them eagerly. In truth, I am serving a regular everyday dinner packed with food coloring. I enjoy celebrating the little holidays with fun traditions. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Bill is in Arizona with his friends from college for spring training. I love that he has this tradition. This is the 17th year they've gone. I hope he has so much fun. I will say that a king-sized bed feels awfully big for one. I leave all the pillows on his side so I don't feel the expanse stretching out beside me.

That is all for now.

1 comment:

Patience said...

I love hearing your randomness Carrie. Love it.