Friday, September 17, 2010

Thoughts Running Around in my Head

I've had all sorts of thoughts running through my head lately, and here are a few of them.

1. Why can't I seem to find focus for this blog? What is its purpose? What is interesting enough to post? Do people still read blogs?

2. Why must parents (I am a parent & include myself here) spend more time judging and criticizing each other than offering help & support? Parenting is the most challenging job ever, and yet instead of holding each other up, we spend our time looking down on other parenting styles. While one person's style may not be the same as another's, can't we acknowledge that all parents love their children, have their best interest at heart, and encourage them in their journey? Breast-feed/bottle-feed. Vaccinate/Don't vaccinate. Hospital/Birthing center/Home birth. Spank/Don't spank. Medicate/Don't medicate. Pre-school at 3, 4, or not at all. Public school/Private School/Home School. Who cares? We love our kids. We act on their behalf in the way we think is best. Let's help each other in this endeavor.

3. A.D.H.D. It exists. It sucks. There are many treatment options. It leaves my stomach tied in knots.

4. Why do all appliances and kids' clothing need to be replaced at once? When there isn't money to replace them? Will I have to go back to work sooner than expected? Money=blech.

5. Why don't clean houses stay neat for more than 10 minutes?

6. Why do I complain about so much laundry instead of getting rid of half my clothes?

7. Who will our new neighbors be?

8. Coffee is delicious.

9. Why have I, as a grown-up, forgotten how to play with action figures and toys? I remember playing Barbies for hours as a little girl. Now when my kids ask me to play toys with them, I hold the figures in my hand and try to remember how.

10. I need to go clean my house, do some laundry, come up with a stove-top appetizer (oven's shot), find a way to ease my son's fear of his dentist appointment this afternoon, and make myself a literary quote t-shirt for a party tonight, and wrap a present for tomorrow.

Those are the little thoughts that have sprouted legs, begun running around in the confines of my skull, and are threatening to morph into monsters set on taking over my brain.

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. ~Psalm 68:19

4 comments:

Kim said...

OMG, I just wrote an ESSAY of a comment to you and Blogger ate it.

I'm seeing red.

And my baby is hungry.

EXPLETIVE!

lauren & aaron said...

1. Yes.
4. Agreed.
5. I am dying to know when you figure it out.
6. It's that or complain you have nothing to wear. :)
7. Us.....I wish.
10. Not jealous. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. Thanks for posting, I read it. Love you all lots and praying for ya'll
MOM

Lisa P said...

1. Yes we read. Purpose of this blog is to keep in touch with your Nor Cal GF.

2. I agree that we need to encourage more. It is the toughest job ever. I wish I always had my children's best interest in mind. Sometimes I am very SELF motivated, even in my parenting.

3. Are you struggling with ADHD?

4. Money=blech. I couldn't agree more.

5. Mes is contagious. Ours can stay clean for a few days, but one small mess out=messes in every room within a few hours.

6. I subscribe to the less clothes, especially for kids. It's so freeing.

9. Cracking me up. I still just arrange the doll house furniture.

10. Our oven is also shot--only 0 degrees or 550. Not so many options.

Love you!