Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Just in time for Mother's Day

We took a family trip to Indiana so Bill and my dad could run the Indy 500 mini marathon. It was loads of fun, they both did pretty well, and I took no pictures. Since my last post was very wordy with no pics, I just thought I would share something Wes said to me the other day.

Wes: Mom, my finger hurts.
Me: I'm sorry. Do you want me to kiss it? (I am afraid that very soon he will be too old to say yes)
Wes: Sure.
I kissed his finger dutifully
Wes: Moms have magic kisses. Like if you kiss me on my cheek or something, we can't rub it off. I just soaks in and finds the places that hurt even if it's our heart. They always make us feel better, huh Mom.

I love my job.

2 comments:

Kim said...

That's pretty much the sweetest thing I've ever heard (read?). Your kids are awesome.

PS the polka dots with the transparent background for your posts make it kinda hard to read. I usually read you via my reader so hadn't noticed before. :)

Matt, Becky, Eric, Ryan, and Kelly said...

Wow, how awesome is your kid?? Or maybe you're just the most magical mom ever :). I can't imagine my boys saying anything near as sweet and innocent as that.