I have recently rediscovered my love for writing and the written word. Words are a simplistic expression of my soul. I have always loved Africa. What if there was a job that combined BOTH of those? Guess what! There is! And that job has been offered to little ol' me! I am humbled and thrilled and nervous. CMF International is sending me to Kenya to write about the projects taking place in the slums of Nairobi! I'll be there for a week and could possibly be leaving as early as THIS Sunday! I guess my main purpose in posting this is to ask you all to say a little prayer.
1. For me. That I would go into this project with humility, perspective, and realistic expectations. That He would give me the words to use that will touch the hearts of the readers.
2. For the schools and projects in Nairobi. (Child sponsorship, micro-enterprise, schools etc.)
Thank you, faithful readers! Those of you who know me know what a dream opportunity this is! Thank you for your prayers! I appreciate it so very much!
Some Things I’ve Loved Wearing
7 months ago
5 comments:
that is so exciting!!!
WOWZA! How stinkin' awesome is that!!! :) I'm super jealous and super happy for you at the same time. Does that count as "rejoice with those who rejoice"? ;) Congratulations!
What a blessing! You are the perfect girl for the job!
Amazing! Perfect! I'm so stinkin' excited for you! When was the last time you were there? You MUST post about it ASAP!
I am so stinkin excited for you girlie.... I wish I could join you in Africa... I would still love to go out to Kenya with you sometime.... I will be praying for you
Post a Comment