Friday, February 06, 2009

Rainy Birthday

I love rain. In Kenya rain was a thing of beauty and hope. It brought with it life. It filled our water tanks. It watered crops. When I was in high school, sometimes we would just go outside and sit on the sidewalk as the rain fell. It was comforting to feel the warmth of the concrete sidewalk under us as we felt the freshness of rain falling on our faces. Today it's my birthday and God sent me rain as a gift. Thank you. It's lovely.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, please write your book. This is beautiful!

and a very happy birthday to you, friend. :)

Lisa P said...

Happy birthday, dear friend! Can't wait to see you!

mom2boyz said...

Happy Birthday...rain is beautiful!

Dionne Sincire said...

happy birthday!!!

The Aunt said...

Happy Birthday to you!! You are very special to me!! I thought of you! Hope your day was special. The Aunt