Sorry these pictures are small. I borrowed them from Lisa's Facebook albums.

There are six of us who know one another through different stages of our lives and we make an effort to keep our connections strong by getting together once a year at least. This year we went to Seattle and had so much fun! We went to Pike's Place Market where they throw the fish and to the Space Needle. For the most part, we chilled at Edie's place and talked and laughed and laughed and talked and we might have eeked out a tear or two. I love these ladies and am so thankful for each of them in my life.

This is Heather (Heath, Hez, bunk-buddy, fellow Flamin' Hot Cheetos eater). She is one of my new friends. We were fast friends when we first met and I know we'll only grow closer with time. Although, you can't get much closer than cuddling on a FREEZING air mattress!

This is Allison (Alli). I love that we are friends and can laugh about the time I insulted her boyfriend (now husband) so she didn't really want to hang out with me much when we first met. She is my fellow Office fanatic. I love her wit and charm! She is also a great fashion resource.

This is Angela (Ang pronounced Anj, but NEVER Angie). We were great friends and roommates in college. She is one of those women who can always bring out a giggle and makes me feel happy. The concept of a consistent, intentional girlfriend getaway was her idea. Pretty great in my book! It has been amazing to walk beside her in her incredible journey.

I didn't get to hang out with Edie enough in college, but I'm planning on making up for lost time! She and Bill were very good friends after they spent one full summer traveling together as camp reps. She has a silly bone, but is also very deep. She is perhaps the best listener I have ever encounter and spouts wisdom with a very few words.

Lisa was my first R.A. in college. After she had to caution me about changing with the blinds open in my room, I wasn't sure I would ever be able to look her in the face, but I came around. Ang and I could consistently be found in her newlywed apartment scarfing down embarrassing amounts of ice cream and playing games. She is always ready with a good bit of wise counsel or a great recipe.

A great bunch of girlfriends and I am honored to be among them. Can't wait til next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment