Thursday, December 04, 2008

More eavesdropping and funny words

The boys were in the bathroom and they are referring to a candle that is unscented.

WES: Mmmm. Wyatt, smell this candle.
WYATT: OH! It smells like butter!
WES: No, it smells like sand. Here, smell it again.
WYATT: Well, it smells like ice.
WES: (big audible sniff). Hey, you're right! I like this ice-flavored candle.
WYATT: Me too.

Then later in the day:
Wyatt had sneaked back into the master bedroom and left the sink water on for long enough that there was water all over the counter, floor, and his clothes. I had scolded him rather soundly and was grouchily cleaning the floor with towels. Suddenly Wyatt begins to dance around making a ridiculous face and singing, loo lee lah lee loooo.

ME: Wyatt, what are you doing?
WYATT: I'm doing a silly dancing fing. Then you can laugh and forget to be upset, okay Mom? Let's try again.

7 comments:

Alli said...

Very cute! Gotta love those sand and ice scented candles. Mmmmm!

Oh, and how exactly do you clean a floor with candles? :)

Kim said...

Alli, I was wondering the same thing about the candles... ;)

Carrie - your kids are adorable. Go ahead, "try again" to be mad about that whole incident. hehehehe

And I'm down for our own little NaNoWriMo... maybe March would be good.

Dionne Sincire said...

Awe, how precious is that!

If we could only dissect their creative little brains, replace the hemisphere in charge of doing all of the no-no's with one that doesn't leave the sink running...

...but alas, there'd be no more silly dances. :(

Lisa P said...

I've tried the silly dance with Aris and it doesn't work. But I'm not as cute as Wyatt. Maybe I could borrow him sometime.

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Those are my grandsons!!!! Brilliant, don't think? I bet mom wasn't mad and grouchy after that. And I'm sure the candle smells exactly like ice or sand or butter or...

Nanny Val

Anonymous said...

I love them! I don't even know them .. and I love them. Boys are just the greatest!

Stef said...

OMG I miss those kids!!!! PS... I want a sand or ice smelling candle for christmas