Thursday, June 26, 2008

The not-so-recent happenings around here




Okay, I have a confession. We live in Southern California and Wyatt, who is now 2.5 years old, had never been to the beach. We have been to the beach in Oregon, but it's not the same. I KNOW! Before you drop your jaw any further and judge my neglectful ways, read on. We decided to go on a family beach trip last week. Here are some pictures. Wes loved the water! He spent pretty much the whole time rolling in the sand and waves. He built castles, searched for treasure, held a sand crab, and wore himself completely out! Wyatt, on the other hand, was a little more timid. The waves freaked him out a little, but he eventually warmed up to the VERY shallow part near the shore. He preferred to spend more time in his sandy trunks, on the sandy towel eating sand. He would take a bite of his sandwich/grape/carrot stick, set it in the sand, drink some juice, then pick up the sand-covered delicacy and proceed. Good times!

2 comments:

The Houghton's said...

Looks like lots of fun!
-Min

Alli said...

Carrie,
Your boys are precious. I can't believe how much they've grown. Your roses are beautiful, too ... I'm jealous!