Here are a couple pictures of the recent happenings in our home. First, one week ago, Wyatt was attempting to throw a large rock over the hot tub. It went straight up, then straight back down right on his big toe. So here's the part where I win the Mother of Mercy award. I was sitting on the porch sipping my iced tea and reading a book. My response to the tears, "I told you not to play with rocks. You'll get hurt." The tears don't stop. "Come here. Let's see it." The tears continue and he doesn't budge. Okay, FINE! I'll go over there. Yeah, the toenail is going to come off for sure.

Then I did a little trimming on our rose bushes. It was high time. I had almost convinced myself that I was really doing my neighbors a favor by allowing them to enjoy the beauty of my roses creeping over their side of the fence. So here's the pile of clippings.

But then I got to enjoy the clippings!
3 comments:
That story about Wyatt was so funny I had to read it aloud to Tre in between my giggle fit! I guess it's not really great to actually say that I was laughing out loud at the misfortune of your little one. But seriously, that's the most hilarious thing I've heard lately...but only because your telling of the story was so refined! ;)
Hmmm, sounds like me. Welcome to the club. Eric keeps leaning on the wall and sliding his feet real far away - I think trying to see how far he can get and still lean on the wall. Well the laminate flooring is kinda slippery and he keeps falling. He does it ten times a day - I tell him not to about twenty. He fell the other day and he started crying. I called from the kitchen, "You're okay, I keep telling you not to slide around on the floor." After some more shreiking and me yelling - "you're fine" - I finally go in there and blood is everywhere. He had hit his head and bit through his lip. He had a fat lip for a week. I'm such a good mommy :).
I think we can all relate to the Mother of Mercy award. :) SO...are we going to share in any of your potty training anecdotes?!
Post a Comment