Thursday, April 12, 2007

WHEW!

I don't really know how many people actually read this, but you may have noticed I've been missing from the blogosphere lately. If you've been checking in and wondered what happened to me, you need not fret any longer. I have avoided blogging because I have too much material rather than a lack of. So, this will probably be a little long and a bit ramble-ish, but here it is nonetheless.


Last week our family headed up to No. Cal for a wedding. On the way, the boys and I stopped in for a really fun visit with some friends from college, Andrew and Patience Burkum, while Bill continued on to Yosemite to spend time with the groom. That bit of the trip included lots of playtime for little boys, a trip to the zoo, and more playtime. Then I braved the California highway system. Anyone who knows me knows that I hate driving, especially on freeways, but I did it! I drove by myself from Merced up to Yosemite in a rental car with the boys. Did I mention I was ALONE?!

Our friends Dave and Jen had a beautiful wedding at the Awahnee (sp?) Lodge. Wes and another boy named Kyle were in the wedding. Their job was to walk down the aisle just ahead of the bride to cue the mother of the bride to stand so the congregation could follow suit for the bride to come down with her dad. So I was standing at the back with Wes waiting for his cue to head down the aisle when Jen stepped around the grove of trees.

Wes YELLS, "HERE SHE COMES! SHE'S COMING! Ooooh! She looks like a beautiful princess, Mama!" Everyone thought that was hilarious and it lightened the mood of the ceremony some. Then it was his turn. He took the other little boy's hand and began walking toward the chairs. "IS THAT THE AISLE, MOM?" Someone has seriously got to work on volume control! As he walked down, he began waving to people along the way as though they were his biggest fans and they'd all congregated just to see him in the wedding.



The next day was Easter. Wes was amazed that the Easter Bunny came even though we weren't at home. The bunny was a few candies short of what he planned thanks to a mouse living in our cabin!
We drove home on Sunday after a nice brunch at Curry Village and a short hike to the waterfalls.






I have to say that although we were not in an actual church building on Easter, I felt so in awe of our Lord and his majesty. His creation is so beautiful and His gifts so generous I can't help but to worship Him. We're so blessed.

2 comments:

Stef said...

First... Wes is so stinking cute with his comments!!!

Second... good for you for driving by your self! Wow.. I am impressed that my little African friend did the freeway! you rock :) I know how much that was a stretch for you and I am in aw! :)

Third... I want to go to Yosemite :( Maybe next summer or spring break we can do a big trip with friends...

Megan said...

Wow, what an eventful trip! Yosemite is so beautiful! I did notice you were not blogging. I'd check anyway just in case you had a computer in your cabin! :)