Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Grasping the English Language

There was a great Wes-ism today that I just have to share. Wes was taking off his socks and shoes while I changed shirts. His shoes were off and he still had his socks on. I was standing nearby in a tank top. Then he looked at me and said, "Mom, you are VERY skinny!" What woman doesn't want to hear that? I thought it was a sign that he sees me without fault because, after all, I am his mom. "Well thank you, Wes!" Or could it be that his slippery grasp of our language has him misusing words? "What does that mean, Wes? What do you mean Mom is skinny". Well, my feet are socks-y and your arms are skin-y. So it turns out I am not skinny, as in thin (WHAT?!), but I am skin-y as in covered in skin! I had to laugh.

5 comments:

Brazenlilly said...

Hey Carrie! Haven't checked up on you in a while, and loved reading up on the boys--and cheers to our little ones who (for now) see us with few faults!

Stef said...

I love wes!

The Corbett's said...

That is AWESOME!!!!!!

Megan said...

What a cutie! Next time, don't question him. Take it for what it appears!!!!!!!!! :0

Ryan, Jane, Nate and Zach said...

Ha! Wes-ism make me laugh out loud
:)
Thanks for sharing.