
Wow! What a weekend! Saturday morning, March 3rd, we packed up the troops and headed down to L.A. Team in Training had a “Carbo-load” dinner planned for all the marathoners running with them. Of course Wyatt chose the inspirational speech time to voice his opinions on restraining devices and high chairs. His opinions landed him and me in the hallway so the others could hear and appreciate the words of cancer survivors. Luckily, the hall provided the perfect place for Wyatt to walk by himself! He had a great time toddling up and down the halls of the Sheraton L.A. About stinkin’ time! So that was big event #1!

The second event goes without saying. Bill completed his first marathon! He has worked so hard and I am so proud of everything he has done to reach this goal. Armstrongs, Curriers, and Eric Mills came down to watch with me and I am SO grateful! It was nice to have friends to cheer alongside, but I honestly don’t know if I could have done it without their help. They helped me navigate the L.A. Metro system and cheer Bill on at a few different places during the race. The finish line was my favorite. Watching the culmination of Bill’s dedication and hard work was unbelievable! For more about his experience, you can check out his blog by clicking on his name on the right. That was event #2!
Today Bill wanted to show me some of the areas he ran through in Hollywood on the marathon course. I wanted to show off my new knowledge of the metro system. So we took the Red Line down to Hollywood/Highland and started wandering around. We saw all the people dressed up in front of Grauman’s Chinese Theatre, the stars on the walk, the Hollywood sign, and the hand/footprints of the famous. I can’t believe I’ve lived here 11 years and haven’t done the most touristy California thing to do. So we were strolling down Hollywood Blvd. when I saw someone who looked like Larry King. Yeah, it was Larry King chillin’ on the corner chattin’ it up with Ryan Seacrest! What?! I couldn’t think of anything to say, but I did get a picture! They were in full make up and waiting to do some sort of filming. Needless to say, that’s event #3!
9 comments:
Holy Cow, you actually saw famous people in Hollywood! Larry looks old and Ryan looks tall! :)
I think Ryan is trying to get fresh.
After the crazy day on Sun., it's good you guys got out and about on Mon. for a little chill time.
That is too cool!!! I want to meet Ryan.. I love him :)
I can't believe you met Ryan & Larry! That is sooooo awesome!
Shut up! That is so cool, but what a random pairing. And Trent and I both want to say a big congrats to Bill! That is a HUGE accomplishment.
Carrie,
I don't even know if you will remember me, but it is Kristi Templeton (Sewell). I am at my house with Sarah Lyons (Howerton) & Kipp...We were looking at Jen Tompkins website and I just randomly clicked on yours, only to find a picture of you with my fave - Ryan Seacrest. I love him and love the picture of you with him. How FUN!!!! Kipp and Sarah have a new baby boy and he is snuggled beside me....Kids are so fun. We have 2 girls and our website is http://web.mac.com/templetones if you have a sec and want to catch up. Hope all is well!!!
Hey, Kristi!
I checked in on your website. What beautiful girls you have! I have a random question. Is there any chance you were at California Pizza Kitchen at Victoria Gardens a couple weeks ago? We met and hung out w/ some PCC alum and I was pretty sure I saw you there, but everyone told me I'm crazy. Anyway, good to catch up. Say hi to Sarah and Kipp and their sweet new baby!
~Carrie
DUDE!
That is awesome. Is Seacrest on his tip toes? Cause you are like 5 foot, is he like 5one?
Dave
:)
Carrie - back on your website again and caught your comments. Is Victoria Gardens close to Ontario? We stopped at a CPK on our way back from Vegas which was in fact 2 weeks ago. Could it be the same one? I think the town started with a P?? I dont' know, but I LOVED that place. I was so ready to move to that town. Do you live there? Were we really in the same place? I was with Curtis and the girls. My email is KristiTempleton@mac.com if you want to email.
Post a Comment