Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Please post your opinion

I was watching the news this morning and they were, of course, talking about the outcomes of the election yesterday. Some time ago Santa Monica (I think you know where I'm going with this) voted to fine anyone who is smoking within a few feet of a public area. Yesterday Santa Monica voted overwhelmingly for police to make smoking marijuana their lowest possible priority. I guess since they won't be smoking pot in public...I'm not sure. I just thought it was funny/interesting. What do you think?

5 comments:

-TP said...

I think 90% of the voters in have the IQ of a rabbit. If you add up all of the fiscal impacts of the propositions that passed yesterday, the voters decided to add 408 billion dollars ($408,000,000,000) to California's debt over the next 30 years. I don't get it. Haven't we figured out that bonds are not free money - they are loans that get paid back - WITH INTERST! It looks like the voters in Santa Monica aren't much brighter. Maybe they should spend more time studying what they are voting for and less time worrying about how they can get away with smoking pot!

Jessica said...

I had no idea that Santa Monica was such a hippy enclave.

And ditto tp!

Carrie said...

Well spoken, tp. It amazes me what people vote for and what they vote down.

Carrie said...

Brent: You made me laugh out loud! I completely agree. Fill the jails with those who would dare smoke a regular cig instead. I know, I know, they only get a fine. I have no problem with the decriminalization of pot. I simply found it ironic that smoking in your own back yard is an offense great enough to be fined, but not if it's marijuana. Have no fear, you are miles from the Bible belt!

Stef said...

I like brents comment :)