Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Broken cameras bug me

Our digital camera is still broken. I have a feeling it is beyond repair and Santa will need to be informed of the situation. In the meantime, I'm still depending on the archaic film technology. This means no Halloween pictures til the current roll is finished and I can get it to a film-developing center where I will overpay for inferior quality photos, then post them weeks after the event.








In the meantime, I'll just tell you about Halloween. Our family opted for Life Bible Fellowship as the destination of choice. Wes was a bit trepidatious when the first thing he saw was bounce houses. He's not a fan of the bounce house. Once he saw the Smart girls, he felt a bit better. We filled our bellies with Chick-fil-A and then were on our way. Wes is a very cautious boy. He wasn't so sure about the "Ping the Philistine" game where you throw a bean bag at Goliath in an attempt to knock his head off. The pig at the petting zoo made him nervous because it was interested in tasting his shoes, the sheep was very big, and the ducks were a bit intimidating with all their noise and flying feathers. (It couldn't have been because there were boys chasing them around the pen, could it?) Before we hit the trick-or-treating games, we thought we'd stop in at the reptile petting area. We figured if it scared him too much, it would be followed by easy games and delicious candy. We could not have been more wrong. Wes was not only unafraid of the reptiles, he LOVED them! He reached into the bin to pet the humongous monitor lizard, he eagerly waited in line to pet the small orange snake, he grabbed the tortoise shell, and loved every minute. The biggest surprise came when the burly man asked if Wes would like to hold the python. I thought, "Here is where we duck and run." Nope. He looked at the man in wonder. "Can I hold him?" He climbed right up on the chair, held his arms out and let the snake slither all over him! There was even a moment where the snake curled around and was looking him in the face, flicking tongue and all! "Look, Mom! He's trying to lick me!" What? I loved watching his curiosity and lack of timidity. He had so much fun.

Wyatt pretty much just chilled in the stroller taking in all the kids in costume. I'm sure he'll be more into it next year. Happy first of November, my faithful readers! Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner. Woo hoo!

3 comments:

Wis said...

Sounds like good times. Bring your camera to bible study. I'll have a look at it.

Brazenlilly said...

Yes, do let this Wis person try to fix your camera, because I cannot wait to see pictures of Wes holding the PYTHON! How crazy! Isn't it fun to see things through your kids' eyes? It makes them fun for us too. :)

Ryan, Jane, Nate and Zach said...

You should have grabbed my camera to take some shots then I could email them to you. You're welcome to used it whenever we're around (I always have it in my purse)