Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Here’s another fun Wes story for your reading pleasure. I was thoroughly enjoying the cooler weather earlier this week. It prompted me to begin singing the song, “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” from a musical. (I think it’s from Kiss Me Kate, but it doesn’t really matter). So I was singing my little heart out and Wes was dancing all around our living room in fits of giggles. As we finished the last notes and dance steps in a great flourish, we fell onto the couch for a quick snuggle. Wes looked up at me while we were sitting there and said, “Mom, that baby is so cold outside. Maybe he should come in our house and get a blanket on him so he can be nice and warm (pronounced ‘worm’)”. Funny and sweet at the same time.

7 comments:

Ryan, Jane, Nate and Zach said...

Hee Hee
Thanks for the smiles!

Anonymous said...

Carey you should share this on MOPS

Jessica said...

You need to send this stuff to the Inland Empire Magazine or Parents, so you can win some Disneyland tickets or something! Too cute!

Brazenlilly said...

Too cute! And I don't know what musical it is originally from, but your roomie Ember sang that song as a freshman when we did Perfectly Frank!

Carrie said...

I remember that she sang that song freshman year. With JD right? That was, after all, the night Bill and I officially got together. He held my hand during the musical.

Carrie said...

Just in case you were curious, here's the scoop. The song was in a musical called "Neptune's Daughter" that came out in 1949. It even won an Oscar!

The Houghton's said...

That is so funny! You sound like Kaylee and I singing our hearts out! We act goofy too- actually more than people know (it's probally better that way).