Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Secret Identity

OK, it's not really a SECRET identity. The truth is I feel like it is time for the purpose and content of this here little blog to shift. I started it originally when I was preggers with our 2nd because all our family lived far away and it was such a convenient way to keep everyone in the loop. Now, 2nd is in Kindergarten and life is changing a little bit around here. I don't consider myself to be a "Mommy Blogger" because, frankly, my life is not all that interesting. I clean (in theory), I volunteer at school, I "plan" dinners. You know, FASCINATING stuff. I do read the Mom blogs. Some that I check frequently are Queen of the Jungle, Brazenlilly, Rage Against the Minivan, and Boo Mama. Mosey on over and read up.

OK, done moseying? Back to me. I'm thinking of blogging about my childhood in Kenya. People ask questions, but I'm never really sure where to start. My parents recently found a bunch of old pictures and I thought I could pull those out and write a little background on them. What do you think? Or I could just start a whole different blog (maybe one that gives me $$) for that and keep this for the precious moments I have with the kids.

So, for the two of you (hi, Mom) who still come by even though I abandon this blog periodically, weigh in if you have an opinion. I'd love to hear your thoughts.



7 comments:

Kim said...

I would LOVE to hear about your childhood in Kenya and see pictures! I think that could make for some great stories and an excellent writing practice for you, Carrie. :)

No reason you can't monetize it, either - if you get people to read your blog, you can make advertising money on it. And it looks like you get a decent amount of hits as it is. Check out Money Saving Mom's series - http://moneysavingmom.com/2011/05/how-to-make-money-blogging-5-necessary-traits-of-successful-bloggers.html

Emily said...

You're in my reader account, so if you update it, I read it!

I would LOVE to hear about your time in Kenya...on this blog or another! Either way, I think it's a fantastic idea!

emily ecklund

Erin said...

I definitely think you should start writing about your childhood in Kenya!! I would read it. And I think you could definitely make as much money as I am making blogging right now (which is currently $7.02. I plan on buying a venti coffee with my earnings.)

If I were you, I would probably start a whole new blog with a whole new name (and maybe on wordpress because I like it better than blogger.) Then you could keep this one for family updates if you wanted to write about the witty thing Wyatt says!

And thanks for the shout out. Love ya!

Jessica said...

Childhood in Kenya for sure!

Ryan, Jane, Nate and Zach said...

I love reading everything you write! Seriously, I bet your grocery lists are interesting and funny too!
Write on girl!

Anonymous said...

You see what I'm doing. I went the childhood route. ;D

mommaavila said...

Carrie--I think you should go with what you feel led to...Kenya stories sounds great but I agree with Jane---share your grocery list and I am reading too!