Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Slow down. You're movin' too fast...

...Gotta make the moment last.

Every parent has heard it at least a bajillion trillion times. "It goes by so fast!" Well that's because it does go by fast!

Kindergarten is fast approaching for our youngest. I was listening to him tell a story the other day and I realized how much his speech has changed. That's why I can't bring myself to correct the few remaining toddlerisms.

For example, he frequently asks me, "Mommy, can you un-inside-out this?" The inside-out article of clothing is usually either a Spiderman or Jedi costume.

He also says "frayvit" instead of favorite.

Recently he came into the living room early in the morning and found me reading my Bible. "I better read my Bible too, Mom." He brought his little Bible to me and we started with creation. After the part where God created the sun, moon, and stars Wyatt shared his theory with me.

"Mom, do you know what happens to the sun at night?"
"What?"
"The sun gets tired in the day and starts to spread all out so it gets dark and the sun turns into lots of stars. Then God has to climb up there and squeeze them all together again so the sun can come back and it can be day."

Although it's not accurate, there is something so sweet in imagining the King of the universe stretching out His arms and gathering the stars.

I think that is probably enough musings of a nostalgic mama for right now. Treasure the moments.

No comments: