Monday, March 29, 2010

Flashback

I found it! I found the cord for the camera! Let me take you back. February 6. My Birthday. In the morning, we had our Kenya team over for chai and mandazis. Except they weren't real mandazis because I coated them in powdered sugar. But they were yummy!
From the team on my birthday I got a HUGE Simpson's Birthday card that yells, "DOH!" over and over and over again when you open it. I had to hide it from the boys before I pulled my hair out. Thanks, Joel & Becky. I also got some Kenyan coffee from Starbucks. The flowers? Those were from my amazing husband. They came with a house-cleaning! What a man!

That night a few friends joined us in Anaheim and braved Ethiopian food for the first time. Most of them really liked it. Those who didn't really like it, tolerated it well and I appreciate their willingness to humor me on my birthday!
Not pictured: Jane. Apparently Ryan is not happy about that. Also, right next door is a Kenyan Food restaurant! It was so fun to go in and chat it up with the Maasai cook for a few minutes. In Maasai! He was shocked and I was full to overflowing at the opportunity to speak it again. After dinner we went to a place called Keno's for dessert. I'll just say that its hayday was circa 1960. I have a feeling if I tried to tell you any of the stories, they'd fall flat. We laughed. A. LOT. You had to be there.

Next up. A very special Valentine's mailbox. That's a post for another day.

No comments: