
It was almost lunch time and I had to make one last stop before we went home for lunch. Quick trip to Target. In order to avoid the imminent tantrum, I stopped in the snack area to get the popcorn/soda combo. Here's how it went down.
Me: We'll take the popcorn combo, please.
Guy: Okey dokey. One popcorn & one medium soda. Anything else?
Me: Is it possible for me to get two small kids cups instead of the big medium soda?
Guy: Okay, and add two kids' sodas.
Me: No, I don't want two more sodas. I just want two small cups instead of one big one so these guys can each have his own. Trying to avoid meltdowns, you know?
Guy: (holding up 2 small 4oz. kids cups) Like these?
Me: Exactly! Thank you.
Guy: Actually, I'm sorry but I'll have to charge you an extra $2.30 for that.
Me: But the combo is only $1.50
Guy: I know. This isn't the size of drink that comes with the combo.
Me: It would actually be less soda because those are 4oz. cups and the medium is a 16oz. cup.
Guy: (Blank stare) So, do you want to buy two small sodas with the combo?
Me: (A little exasperated with perhaps a slight eye-roll) No, I'll just take the medium, thank you.
Guy: Okay. Sorry about that. Those are actually not the size that comes with the combo, so we can't do that. (Proceeds to put medium cup and popcorn on counter while humming an annoying tune).
Me: Perfect. Thank you. (Maybe said a bit testily)
I turn to walk away.
Guy: Hey! I have an idea! I can give you these cups instead! (says *smart* man holding up 2 6oz "water" cups).
Me: Thank you so much. Do you want this one back? (offering 16oz.)
Guy: (confused) You just bought that. You don't want it?
OH MY-LANTA! Are you kidding me?!
Me: I'll take it. Thank you very much.
Guy: You're welcome, ma'am. Have a nice day! (with a silly smile of pride at having solved a customer's problem.)
3 comments:
Carrie! I have had this very interaction. Maybe your friend also works at Foster's Freeze in Santa Rosa?
Love it!
tee hee hee, it's so funny I can sense your exasperation through the computer screen. :)
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! That is why drugs are bad!!!!! :)
Post a Comment