Friday, January 25, 2008

Poor neglected blog

I was scolded soundly by exactly three people yesterday for neglecting my blog. There are no pictures to post here as the camera has a dead battery (sorry Trent). So, to update you on the goings on in the Lassiter household. I do live in my own little world, but even in my world where I do love Christmas, the holiday is LONG past. So here is a brief update on our lives.

1. We went to Indiana for Christmas and experienced life in snow first hand. (Including a frozen/burst pipe which drove us to a timeshare in TN. If you live in freezing temperatures, don't leave your garden hose hooked up. Lesson learned.)

2. New Years was a night of games, food, and fun.

3. Wes turned 5. He informed me that he is a grown-up now. I said, "Wow, you're already a grown up?" He looked at me as though I had sprouted horns, "Well, I AM 5." Also, on the day of his birthday party, I was decorating a Diego cake when he came and set what I assumed was a plastic lizard on the counter. "Mom watch, watch!" I obliged. "When I press its head, it opens its eyes." At which time he did proceed to press the lizards head resulting in its eyes nearly popping out of its head. EEEWWW! Delightful to be a mom of boys.

4. Bill's Grandpa moved in. So far this has been a really good thing. There are definitely some adjustments to be made as we are accustomed to the pediatric end of life and not so familiar with the geriatric end of the spectrum. He has also lived by himself and nowhere NEAR children in a long time. We're all settling in to our new routines quite nicely.

So there is a short update. Jessica, I promise you some Africa stories soon. My apologies to my blog for the neglect. I will try to do better.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Wait, Wes brought a real lizard into the house and set it on the counter? What a brave little boy!

Stef said...

I LOVE the lizard story!!!

The Corbett's said...

Lizards! Gross!!!!! I can't wait :)

JJ said...

Glad you're back