Saturday, July 28, 2007

Finally, 8 Meme facts

So the 8 Facts blogs have all been posted, and I'm on the caboose. Well, at least I did it. Here they are folks. Hope you enjoy them!

The Meme Rules:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

1. I got my marriage license 3 years before my driver’s license. I lived in Kenya for the first 18 years of my life, then got to college and had no car, so no license necessary, then I got married. The first 2 jobs were in walking distance. Then I got a job at APU and joined a carpool and just kept procrastinating the whole DMV nightmare. I finally got my license when I was 24. PHEW!

2. Counting my husband, I’ve had 72 roommates in my life. (Not 72 different people. A couple were repeats). I started boarding school in 4th grade at Rift Valley Academy. In elementary school, there were anywhere from 4 to 10 girls in a room. The rooms were divided into cubbies that consisted of bunkbeds, closet and drawers. Once I got to junior high and high school, I only had one roomie at a time until college. Then I was back to the 4-to-a-room plan. Needless to say, I was pretty done with dorm life by the time I got to college.

3. I never took Chemistry or Physics in high school. I also didn’t take a language. I still managed to graduate with a college prep diploma.

4. I’ve been married for 9 years. I know that’s not the craziest fact. It’s just on my mind since this week is our anniversary. Love you, babe!

5. When I was a kid, I thought Pringles were some sort of flavored breadcrumbs/crouton/salad topping. By the time any were shipped to us, they were completely obliterated. When we came back to the U.S. on furlough, I said, “Hey look, Mom! Pringles makes chips too!”

6. In 8th grade I got in trouble for asking a kid in my class for a rubber. In Kenya a rubber is an eraser.

7. I LOVE to read. I can’t imagine a better way to spend 2 minutes or 5 hours. When I read I picture the setting, then put myself in the story in the best place to observe the things that are going on. Whatever book I am reading really affects my mood and the way I see the world at that time. Right now I’m reading Pride & Prejudice (again), so I notice interesting character traits about the people around me.

8. I read Pride & Prejudice at least twice a year. I know that’s a lame fact, but I have something else to do, so that’s the last one for ya.

There! I finally got those down on paper. Now to tag some people:

I tag 8 people who have been tagged and have yet to complete the facts. Come on, folks, I did it! It took me a couple weeks, but you can do it. (Megan, Kelly, Jimmy, Jen Reynolds, Jenn Corbett, and anyone else who hasn’t done it yet.)

No comments: