Monday, December 04, 2006

Musical Debut

Wes made his big debut yesterday in the Flipside's Christmas musical, "Just Believe". Turns out the kid loves an audience! The 3-year-olds were ushered on stage while Kev was still making announcements and talking about Jesus' stance on children based on Matthew 19. Miss Eileen was quietly laying out the bells for Jingle Bells and it was all Wes could do to not grab one and start in. Instead he stomped his feet near the bells so they rattled. Then he discovered that Kev's voice was coming through the monitor, so he put his head down on the monitor. He made faces, waved to us, danced around, and did everything stage directors tell kids NOT to do. Then it was time to sing. He was really good at jingling the bells, but it was hard to charm the audience, shake the bells and sing at the same time. The singing took a back seat. He discovered the wonders of the microphone. While the whole choir was singing, Wes lifted his shirt, showing his skivvies and belly. Perhaps I should have been embarrassed, but I was laughing too hard. Sorry the pictures are a little dark.







2 comments:

Brazenlilly said...

Even as you were describing what some might consider an embarassment, I was thinking in my head "I'll bet Carrie was laughing." I can just see you in 15 years at his graduation: "Ha! Oh, my Wes is so funny! Did you see how he just flashed the audience? Hee!"

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie! Dave just showed me your blog, I love it! But where's the photo of Wes flashing the whole congregation??

See you in April!
--Jen Yuan