As many of you know, my parents are moving back to Indianapolis after 30 years in Africa. They arrived in the country last Friday (may 19th). On Saturday, Wes, Wyatt, and I all flew out to Indianapolis to surprise them with a little visit. JJ picked me up from the airport and we headed to Doug and Robyn Priest's house. (Doug and Robyn are close friends with my parents that they have known and worked with since college). When we got there, we sent Wes up to the door to ring the doorbell. My mom answered the door and the look on her face was priceless! She saw Wes, got all choked up and picked him right up and started swinging him in circles! There were hugs all around and tears to be shed by all! It was the beginning of a really fun 5 days together. I am so glad that we were able to visit in the midst of the busyness of getting settled and adjusted. Welcome "home", Mom and Dad!
2 comments:
Carrie... As I went threw your site and logs from times past I thought about how adorible your family is... :) I feel there should be more to this statement but I cant think of the right words... so I will end on that thought :)
I am new to your blog.... :)
Thanks, Stef! Welcome to my blog. There will be new entries soon.
~Carrie
Post a Comment