Wednesday, September 14, 2005

A Glimpse of Wes

Wesley is a happy, healthy 2 ½ year old. He seems to grow and change every day, so I thought I would give a small glimpse into his busy little life right now. He learns new words every day and is putting together longer and longer sentences. Earlier this week he was having trouble obeying me, so I took the toy he was playing with away. He said, “No take toys fum Wesee, Mom. ‘At’s not nice.” That is the longest thought I have heard him put together. Some of my favorite words that he says are “hoppy-topter” (helicopter), “hanimmy” (how many), and “buh-cutter” (computer). He is a little parrot and keeps our tongues in check on a regular basis! His favorite toys are small plastic animals, blocks, and books. He is good at playing alone, but loves his “fends” too. Another favorite pastime is singing. Right now his 2 favorite songs are “Chwinkuh Stah” (Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star), and the alphabet song (A-B-C-D-H-I-T…), and many made-up songs to that same tune. He often wakes up and just lies in his bed and sings or talks to himself until Bill or I go get him. He is fascinated with babies right now, which is a good thing since we are only about 8 weeks from having a baby in our house! We bought him a doll and it goes everywhere with him. His name is “Bee-bee Watt” (Wyatt) which was our boy name. The baby is often “hungwy fo’ fwuit snacks”. Interesting that Wes and the baby share similar taste in snacks…hmmmm! Some of Wesley’s favorite snacks right now are frozen peas (thanks to Alexa), fruit snacks, animal crackers, and cereal. Each day when Bill goes to work, Wes tells me, “Dad go skull (school) now. Cheach (teach) a kids.” When we go to school to visit Bill, he loves saying “Hi, kids” and generally entertaining them and distracting them from their studies. I could go on for pages, but that is a glimpse anyway. Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carrie forgot to mention during the "parrot part" that one time Wes said "Oh cwap" after Daddy got cut off by another driver. Not sure where he got that from...

Blog Archive