Monday, April 05, 2010

Words misunderstood

I was out of town one weekend, so Bill took the boys to a hockey game. Upon my return, Wes was filling me in on all the details of this new sport.
W: Well, our team beat the bad guys.
Me: That's exciting! What was the other team's name?
W: The Head takers.
Me: What?
W: Head takers.
Me: ???
Bill pulled the ticket stub out of his wallet to try to bring clarity to the situation.
Verdict: The Idaho Steelheads








In other news, we no longer have to worry about malaria, or West Nile Virus. It's true. Apparently, we have a mosquito eater in our midst. The conversation:
Wyatt: Mom, I LOVE mosquitos
Me: You do? Even though they give you mosquito bites?
Wy: Not that bad kind of mosquito. Just the ones we eat.
Me: Where have you had mosquitos before?
Wy: At Soph's. They're sweet and delicious! I'll show you. (Runs out of room. Returns with a small Easter egg shaped container.)
Wy: These kind of mosquitos! (Some may refer to these as Skittles, but my attempts to correct Wyatt were dismissed with a slight eye-roll. Clearly I do not understand the deep relationship my son has with candy).

I'll post Easter pics soon, but wanted to get these written before I forget.

No comments: